Just catching up on some blogging, and I have a brand new card to share today. I've been looking forward to sharing this one, as it's my favourite of the 3 I have made using the music and dance themed stamp set from Creative Stamping Magazine.
The first idea for this card came from a Christmas themed idea in another magazine. I decided to take the layout idea from there, and then do some stamping and stencilling to create the finished card. You can see the original inspiration on my social media, but here's how I put together this card.
Creative Stencils - Stars *
Nuvo Crystal Drops Navy Blue *
Navy Blue Ribbon
Cosmic Shimmer Colour Cloud Blending Ink ( and applicator sponges/dabber.
Memento Black Ink *
Acrylic Stamping Block
Scissor & Double Sided Tape
Music & Dance Themed Stamps (Creative Stamping Magazine).
- Stamp the dancing shoes stamp on a piece of white card, then colour the image and cut round the edge of the design.
- Next, stamp your chosen sentiment (here I used 'Put On Your Dancing Shoes') on another piece of white card. Cut out the sentiment, using a corner punch to round the edges. Finish with some Nuvo Drops and leave to dry.
- Cut out 4 equal size rectangles that will be placed next to each other on the top half of the card. Mine were roughly 7x3cm.
- using the star stencil and colour cloud blending ink, decorate each rectangle of card, two in each colour. Decorate two panels as shown with a musical note stamp.
- Mount the decorated pieces of card on the top half of your piece of glitter card.
- Just below the stencilled pieces, wrap around the ribbon and securely fix on the back. Add a matching bow on the left hand side.
- Fix the sentiment on the bottom left hand side with foam pads, then mount the dancing shoes image in the middle of the set of stencilled rectangles.
- Mount the whole piece on to a white 6x6 card blank to finish.
The stars stencil was my first purchase from Craft Stash, and I was very pleased with the price and quality. I've also noticed they do a good range of Tonic Nuvo products, which could be hard to resist after trying some out on a previous design team!!
New Challenge: I got a really cool hand lettering book for Christmas and some pens from a competition win and present, so I am hoping to develop a new skill this year. Will post pictures on my progress when I have any, and if you fancy having a go, check out these really pretty packs of brush pens.