I've been nominated for something, which is pretty exciting, especially as the Liebster Award is all about finding new blogs, and finding out more about bloggers. Thanks to the lovely Lauren T at Princess Of Pretty for nominating me. Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who voted you and leave a link to their site
- Write 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 up and coming bloggers with under 200 followers
- Come up with 11 questions for your nominees
- Leave a comment on their blog with a link to your post to let them know you've nominated them!
11 Facts About Me
1. I became an aunty for the first time in 2012, and now have a full of mischief 18 month old in my life.
2. I was once in the audience of CD:UK and got filmed on camcorder by H from Steps.
3. Swimming with dolphins is probably the ultimate on my 'things I've always wanted to do list'.
4. I hate onions with a passion and refuse to use them whenever I cook dinner.
5. I once did an e-mail Q&A with Beverley Knight one of my favourite female singers.
6. I am a big Olympics fan, and have a small collection of London 2012 goodies, including a few bits my parents picked up from Wimbledon.
7. My favourite feel good song is Katrina and the Waves, Walking on Sunshine. Always cheers me up.
8. I have very awkward feet, narrow one end, wide the other, and it takes AGES to find shoes. My collection is small too!
9. I have a thing for nail polish, though I am rubbish at applying it/being patient, and it always seems to chip easily.
10. I have on occasion been sleeping or half asleep and convinced a great big spider was on the ceiling, and have woken up with a big jump, only to find nothing was there.
11. I would love to have a book of short stories for children published, I just need the inspiration.
The questions I was asked.
What is your favourite food?
That is a pretty hard question to answer, I guess I'd have to say salad, or roast turkey and Yorkshire pudding - nom!
What film did you last see at the cinema?
Titanic - we used to go and see films as a family, and sometimes I went with friends, but these days I prefer curling up with a DVD uninterrupted at home on the sofa. Maybe with some cheeky treats as well.
3 things you'd take to a desert island with you?
Erm, a multi tool knife, sun tan lotion, and a water purifying kit.
Who is your celeb crush?
I'd have to say Scott McGregor who currently plays Mark Brennan in Neighbours, great acting in his character, and nice to look at as well.
What is your Least favourite house chore?
Ironing - it always seems so tiresome and longwinded, but I did set myself a New Year's Resolution not to build up a massive ironing pile, and so far, so good.
Do you prefer Red, White or Rose wine?
None, I very very rarely touch any alcohol, and am not a fan of any of it, would much rather have a soft drink.
Which do you use more - Facebook or Twitter?
Look at - probably Facebook, use-Twitter - I think Twitter has taken over as the more interactive, interesting social network.
What is your weakness when shopping?
Craft stuff, nail polish (although I am rubbish at nails), and anything with Dolphins on.
Do you play a sport?
No, not really, I used to swim a lot when I was younger, so am trying to get back into that. I like playing badminton in the garden on a nice day as well, and like tennis as well but haven't played that for ages.
Describe your perfect date.
I'm single so don't really have any strong views either way at the moment, but I like being outdoors, and just relaxing, not really into clubbing etc. Maybe just a pub beer garden on a sunny day.
How long have you been blogging?
I'm a freelance writer by trade, so I have been blogging professionally for a while, I had a review blog for a while too, but this is my first proper personal blog project, which was 1 year old on June 11th.
Blogs I am nominating:
A Book And A Brew
Ramblings Of A Biscornu Addict
Fruit Of My Scraps
Rainy Day Faces
An Essex Wife
Creative Craft Marketing
The PR Mummy
Jennifer Grace Creates
A Southern Girl Up North
Eee Bah Gum
Questions I'm Asking:
1. Are there any blog related things you wish you were better at?
2. What has been your most popular post lately?
3. What's your favourite day trip to make in your area?
4. What would your ideal/fantasy job be?
5. What posters were on your walls when you were younger?
6. Do you have any guilty pleasures food wise?
7. Do you have any goals for your blog?
8. How would you describe yourself in 140 characters (Twitter style)?
9. If you could put any one thing into the Big Brother house what would it be?
10. If you could get one person (dead or alive) to guest post on your blog who would it be?
11. If someone asked you to plan a unique night out, what would you do?