It's happy post time again, and this time it was some Christmas craft goodies from Baker Ross. I think Christmas is one of my favourite boxes, there's always something different to try, and for some reason I find Christmas one of the most exciting things to craft for!
My box this time didn't disappoint. There was a good mix of things that I would use again, and for different crafts, and it's a box that has made me think on my feet. There's no patterned papers or pretty topper - nothing is done. I think my favourite items are probably the roll of jute twine, just because I think it'll add a shabby chic/rustic touch to so many things, it will last for ages, and I'll have fun adding little touches to it, also the glitter paper. I LOVE glitter card/paper, the self adhesive kind that doesn't shed. The colours are just so vibrant, I don't understand why some crafters cover it up so much with their layering, I want to see it sparkle.
So here's my box in full:
- Bark Stars - £3.99 for 20 - Good size for different projects, and you can decorate the surface easily, but some of them were a bit curled up so wouldn't sit flat on anything.
- Jute Twine - £2.99 per reel. Big reel and good quality jute. Handy to have in my stash.
- Hessian Roll - £4.50 per roll. Good amount for your money, though not as easy to use as the self adhesive sheets. Good to shape round craft products.
- Self - Adhesive Glitter Paper Sheets - £2.45 for 5 sheets - Lovely range of colours, no shedding of glitter, easy to use and cut - good value for the price, but the size of the sheets is too small, won't go very far. I'd prefer to buy A4 sheets, or more in 1 pack.
- Mini Pom Poms - £2.45 for 500 - good amount in a pack, like that there are different sizes included, and a good amount of each colour. Bit hit and miss finding the right adhesive to get them to stick to things, but fun for all ages to use.
- Self-Adhesive Felt Sheets - £3.60 for 18 sheets - Good selection of colours, easy to use, need a good pair of scissors to cut. Handy for backgrounds and basic shapes.
- Craft Baubles - Pack Of 6 - £3.49 - Easier to work with than some of the other bauble shapes they have, though a bit small in terms of decorating. Good quality and size, though a bit pricey for 6.
- A4 Coloured Card - £2.99 for 50. I've not opened this yet, but a good selection of colours, and just what I needed for my stash - which has too much pastel in it.
Pom Pom Makes
I have a few blog posts planned which will be up in the coming days and weeks, but I thought I'd share my first make with the blogger box here. Although my four year old nephew isn't really into drawing and painting much yet, he does quite like sticking and some crafty activities so I shared my pom pom pack and craft baubles with him and we made these.
I did try and make some kind of pattern but that didn't really work, however they are bright and fun, and something different for the crafty tree this year. We did have a fail trying to get them to stick though, we tried glue, tacky double sided tape - which worked better, but for a final attempt at sealing and sticking them, I've sprayed them with hairspray. So far, so good.
* This blogger box was sent as part of the Baker Ross Blogger Network activity, but all opinions and feedback are my own.