|Me and my furrball nephew Wilson|
Hopefully all of you lovely readers have got the gist behind These City Days by now, and have delved into some of my (hopefully shared interests), but I thought I'd share a few more bits and pieces about me. So here's my favourite facts. If you'd like to join in and leave some thoughts below, click and connect.
3 Things I'm Not Very Good At:
1. Cooking eggs - Mum makes the best scrambled eggs, whereas mine just end up like rubber with white lumps in. I just can't seem to get it right. Probably paranoid they won't cook properly.
2. Drawing - always hated that my sister inherited the arty jeans, and annoyingly my best work got ruined in the kiln or kept at school. Luckily I discovered crafting.
3. Sticking to a skincare routine - I do try to look after my skin as best I can, but I have so many body butters and creams hanging about, I just seem to randomly pick one up when I remember rather than do a set cleanse, tone, moisturise routine. So I need to get into a routine, and use some things up eventually. My current favourite is my strawberries and cream body butter I got as a present.
3 Claims To Fame
1. Was chosen as one of a group for a photo shoot at school which appeared in the local paper when I was in my first few years of senior school. It was a jumping in the air pose which didn't quite work.
2. I was in the audience of CD:UK a few times when that was running, you may have seen me dancing along to Steps on one occasion as I was near the front.
3. I had one of my co-written songs (the lyrics were mine) entered in a competition called The Fame Games in America. Because it reached the latter stages it made it on to the actual radio show stage and was played out across radio stations across the US. Pretty cool huh?
3 Things That Rile Me
1. People that are famous just for being famous. I have never really been that interested in reading hyped up gossip, but am completely over celebrities who have no real claim to the tag.
2. People swearing in front of their children - especially babies. I just think it's disgusting the language I've heard some people use in front of their young children and babies - either in conversation or at them. I am an Auntie rather than a mother at the moment, but knowing how sharp my nephew is, I shudder at the thought of him picking up anything like that, and detest swearing anyway.
3. People that tweet celebrities like they are their friends - no you do not know them, their twitter accounts are likely jointly controlled by management/record labels, and I am really not bothered about the date they followed you or gave you a re-tweet.
3 Random Facts
1. I have always loved and been fascinated by dolphins, and it's a lifelong ambition to swim with them, possibly at the same time that I am on holiday at Disneyworld in Florida (a girl can dream!)
2. I used to have a dream when I was younger where a big wolf would come into my room, tip up the bed so I fell down it, and then spin me around on it, to the point it was like I was dizzy, then disappear.
3. My worst injury was probably being hit in the stomach with a ball when playing Rounders when I was at Junior School. Really hurt, and I blame my sensitive tummy on that incident!
There you go, a few more bits and pieces about me, I hope you enjoying reading, and have a few bits and pieces to share as well. I try to read and reply to posts and blogs as often as I possibly can, between 2 jobs, so please come and say hello and leave your blog links.