One of the things I love about being a blogger is the power to pick and choose interesting stories to write about, and share with all you blog readers, and this one is definitely caught my eye.
I'm counting down the days until the world's best tennis players hit the courts of Wimbledon, and while strawberries and cream is high on my list of tasty treats when I'm watching the matches, I have to say if I was in London in late June or July I'd definitely be checking out the ice cream on offer at Daphne's Restaurant in South Kensington. I'm a bit fussy when it comes to ice cream and sorbet, and while I'm not completely adventurous, I think the flavours available in the shops are pretty boring and lack variety.
There's no cookie dough or rocky road in sight with this summer ice cream selection though, and they all have a tennis theme as well, which I think is really novel. Daphne's will be selling ice cream cones via a funky pink ice cream cart outside their restaurant on the 29th and 30th of June, along with the 6th of 7th of July, and diners can also head to their rooftop conservatory as part of their a la carte menu. The staff at the restaurant bill their six ice creams and sorbets as "unique and mouth watering", and from the looks of the menu, they have something to suit most tastes. So what can you choose from if you're in the area and in the mood for some gelato?
- Lob? It Was On The Lime : green tea and lime infused sorbet.
- Grand Slam Orange Barley Granita: pure orange sorbet.
- Strawberry and Shortbread Smash: An ice cream mix of fresh strawberries, and some tasty all butter English shortbread.
- Pimms And Cucumber Sideline Sorbet: An interesting Pimms sorbet with candied cucumber as a garnish.
- Chocolate And Deuce Dolce Di latte Ripple: Italian chocolate ice cream and toffee sauce ripple.
- Peach and Prosecco Ace: A tasty sorbet with a prosecco infusion, and made with Italian blush peaches.
If you are in the area on the dates above, look out for the ice cream cart, or find out more at Daphne's website.